Monday, April 17, 2017

trad climbing in Belgium

Nice surprise this weekend: we went to the reopened crags in Sy/Ardennes.
At the rocher de Vignobles we found some nice limestone routes in the grade 4/5a. A bit more to the right I spotted a pretty cool crack with some bolts. Luckily I took a rack of cams and nuts with me - but I didn't expect to use them.

One of the locals there suggested to try this trad route - something around 6a/6b. I'm not sure. The climbing was really nice. The lower part is a bit fist jamming and the upper part has small hands and finger. There also enough options for laybacking. I really enjoyed, nice surprise!




Nice update on the Belgian crags here: https://nkbv.nl/fileupload/sportklimmen/klimgebieden/2017-01-10_Toegang_klimgebieden_Belgie.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment