Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ettringen

I planned to spent july in the alps with some friends, doing some major routes there. But mid june I got some serious back trouble. I had to cancel all my alpine climbing projects for the summer '14. Too bad.
By the end of july it went better - slowly and I decided to work on my rehab in Ettringen... it's only a 2 hours drive, nice campground, short walks to the rocks and I could work on my aid climbing and crack climbing skills... better than sitting at home, working...

I spent 8 days in Ettringen with Mike and Bernd. The weather was a bit unstable but ok. We climbed at the sector Grosse Wand but also in Kottenheim. I managed to climb Lauras Stern (UIAA V) on my own gear... that was great. We climbed different cracks up to UIAA VI and I spent two days alone on the cracks working on my aid skills. That was really nice!

After that I went back home for 2 days.

 di-fissure, UIAA VI
 bloody saturday - nice crack at Finsterlay

"Wildsau" - a nice off width crack

No comments:

Post a Comment